Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Reflections for Practical 1P4 : Observing and Recording

Pratical no. 1P4 left a very deep impression on me.

In 1P4, we were asked to follow the steps to do 5 different chemistry experiments and to record our observations on our worksheet. I love laboratory work but this practical was the best so far. It was an eye-opening experience for me.

We did the experiments before Ms Leong taught us the topic which was good because I was more interested and learning more than mere class room lectures. I kept thinking " Why does it react this way? ".

Because I enjoyed doing experiments, I was less afraid of Chemistry now. Before that, I used to hear from the seniors that chemistry is the hardest subject and very difficult to score. The hands-on experience at the laboratory changed my whole perception. Contrary to what the seniors said, chemistry is interesting.

Where the subject is new, I think that the school should look at ways to arouse the students' interest in the subject first. I have benefited and I can't imagine how it would turn out if there was only lectures and no laboratory work for chemistry lessons.

Doing experiment is fun and help me learn better.

No comments:

Post a Comment